2.9.14

When South Africa hosted the Red Bull X-Fighters


Last weekend, I attended the Red Bull X-Fighters finals at the Union Buildings. All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed myself, the crowd was alive and involved; the FMX tricks electrifying and the African red soil was all over my face.

 
Adrenalin filled my entire body, the whole time! I felt like a little kid again :)

Some of these tricks were down right scary!

Seeing references to our South African culture in the competition from the Ndebele print that resonated throughout the stadium to the Zulu shield inspired trophy and crown that was handed out to the champions, filled me with pride. 

Best of all, my babies had lots of fun in the dust... and that's all that matters.

Thank you Mandela.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/9/14 13:37

    Nazoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ndebele touch! And of course the babies' hats!

    ReplyDelete