2.4.14

A Dignified Xhosa Man

I couldnt keep my eyes off this man, there was just something about him that made me want to photograph him. 

Maybe it was his demeanor, it was so dignified, so self assured and confident. I think what drew me in the most was his style. 
I love the pattern on his shirt, the colours of his hand crocheted hat, the blade inspired belt buckle, the beads and off course the handkerchief and spectacles hanging out of his pocket.

As umakoti, I felt a little insecure about asking an elder for a photo, so I asked my husband to get behind the lens. I'm glad they both agreed to indulge me.

2 comments:

  1. I love his shirt and the Xhosa beads are so awesome. Lol- uMakoti cannot be asking such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Busisiwe you know, you will soon be umakoti too.

    ReplyDelete