5.9.08

Fashion Exhibition - SA Fashion Week, August 2008

Last weekend, I checked out the fashion exhibition that was running in conjunction to all the runway shows during SA fashion week, I hope they keep doing it.

The designers could show and sell their wares directly to the public. For only R60, we could touch and feel the collection soon after it gets of the runway.  I think this is a great initiative by the sponsors to get the fashion directly from the designer to the consumers. I certainly enjoyed touching Anisa Mpungwe's winning collection, and those silky frocks from Abigail Betz were heavenly, to mention just a few. Seeing all the clothes up-close and personal was great.

I loved the sneakers from Creative Recreation crew; they should consider putting the metallic hi-tops on sale too.
 
PS: The complimentary belt that came with the ticket purchase was pretty cool...now I just have to find a way to wear it; my bf is already wearing his.

No comments:

Post a Comment