15.9.08

Lewis Hamilton is coming to SA....in 2011


I read on this week's Sunday Times that "SA is in line to host a F1 Grand Prix in 2011" and the F1 boss, Ecclestone has "agreed in principle to race in SA". I hope this is true, the F1 is one of the most glamorous sporting events, I've ever been to.

In 2005, I attended the Malaysian Grand Prix, Alonso won that memorable race, it was an amazing experience, the sound of the car engines, the beautiful people from all over the world, even the cars that belonged to the fans were a marvel to watch.
As matter of fact, I met a couple of South Africans who were proudly flying our flag, their aim was to promote SA as potential F1 host, I guess they have succeeded

The mood in the city was one full of excitement, it was just out of this world. I really wish the same for our country.

Photo courtesy of channel4.com

No comments:

Post a Comment