15.5.13

Pretty Pregnant - Peplum Skirt

Maternity Peplum
Top - Meltz, Skirt - Makro, Shoes - Boot Sale, Sunnies - ELLE
When pregnant, contrary to popular belief, you actually don't lose your waist, you gain an extra one. You get one above the tummy and below the tummy, read on and I'll tell you how.

Peplum was big when I was pregnant, I liked it and wanted to give it a try. I was able to be a part of the trend because I experimented with my waistlines. The skirt that I'm wearing above is a "normal-sized" skirt in stretchy material, I was able to wear it because I placed it above my tummy.

Believe or not, this was the morning of the birth of my daughter, my stomach was really huge, however I was able to wear this skirt. The peplum and the fact that the skirt is black gave an illusion of slimmer tummy. I still have skirt, I'm hoping wear it on my normal waist, now that I've given birth.

#Maternity Tip 7 : Experiment with "both" your waistlines. Some garments work better or only if placed above the tummy and some if placed below.

#Maternity Tip 8 : Give a trend that you like a try. You don't have to miss out just because you are pregnant, find a way to make it your own.

For more Pretty Pregnant tips, click here

Ring by Mr Price

PS: I really like the texture of the skirt, just had to show it to ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Very stylish.
    When you get a chance please do a post on bargain hunting... I see most of your clothes are not from your high-end stores (e.g. YDE) but they looks sooo nice. I try to shop at Meltz but I never find anything I like that's reasonable, or maybe I'm not searching properly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot my dear... and you are right, I bargain hunt a lil more now. Being a parent has made me cut back my fashion budget and I dont mind it at all. It's fun finding stylish clothes at the most unlikely of places. I mean Makro! Who would have thought.
    As for Meltz, I dont blame you, it is messy, it just needs a lil more patience.

    ReplyDelete